whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

It's that time of year again.

From september to November every year there seems to be a flash flood of new music hitting the airwaves, at the moment it's all about the women - with new singles from Madonna, Whitney Houston, Cheryl Cole, Alexandra Burke and Leona Lewis all being released in the next month. It's been a while sine Madge got a mention on here but I have to say she has done it again, her new single "Celebration" is a proper dancefloor filler and the video if not too inspired is still class and she looks amazing and I would not be surprised if she scores her 14th No.1 single in the Uk with it. Leona and Whitney have both gone down the ballad route with Leona coming out the winner with her single "Happy" which is a massive, sweeping tune. Alexandra Burke's single totally appeals to the gays and the dancefloor, sadly Cheryl Cole has released a bit of a nothing song which sounds like a reject album track - tis a shame as I do love her but who knows what the downloading public will think.

I am very excited about this upcoming weekend, I am hoping to get to see the new film "The September Issue" - it’s a documentary that follows Vogue Magazine Editor Anna Wintour as she develops the september issue of Vogue, as you probably know, Meryl Streep's character in "The Devil Wears Prada" was based on Ms Wintour so this should be a fascinating insight into an icon. I loves me a good, shallow documentary and I have a feeling this will tick every box!

Last night I watched a documentary on the tragic events of 9/11, the doc was called 102 minutes and captured minute by minute what happened on that morning in New York, footage taken from peoples video cameras and phones was used and I watched it open mouthed, having been to New York twice I can only imagine how horrific and terrifying tit all must have been, to hear firefighters saying they were making there way up to the 77th floor seconds before the second tower collapsed was heartbreaking, as the anniversary of this tragic day looms it was a poignant reminder of how precious life is.

After that rather upsetting programme, I needed something shallow and frivolous to take my mind to a different place so I say hallelujah for the first episode of "RuPaul's Drag Race" on E4, 9 drag queens competing for the title of supermodel drag queen of America guided by the oh so fabulous RuPaul, it has the same feel as America's Next Top Model but instead of bitching behind each others backs, these queens do it face to face and the classic line of the show has to come from RuPaul with a totally serious look on her face saying - "now its time to lip synch for your life….and don’t fuck it up!"




My love for Ellen Degeneres increases by the day, I still cant work out how to put youtube clips on this damn thing so go to youtube and type in "Ellen Degeneres so you think you can dance" and be amazed, the new series of her chat show started yesterday in America and she rocked it for the opening - check it

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home