whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Friday, July 03, 2009

ooh its been a while on the old blogging front!

I have been a very busy boy though and had to, for once, get my priorities right. What a truly tragic time it has been in the showbiz world. I was in Sheffield for a long weekend last weekend and was in that joyful bar called "Dempseys" when I received a text from a friend that read "O.M.G! Michael Jackson!" I text back with a rather abrupt "what?" to get a text that didn’t exactly break it to me gently as all it said was "Dead!" - I didn’t believe it so went on the internet on my phone and there was the headline "Michael Jackson dies of heart attack aged 50". I have written about Michael Jackson a lot on this blog over the last few years and the majority of things I have said have been rather negative and if we are all honest, he had not done a decent song for nearly 20 years but I cant deny that I used to be a MASSIVE MJ fan, I bought the Bad album the day it came out and also went to see him live on the Dangerous Tour in 1992 and am so glad I got the opportunity to do that, the man was amazing live, defying gravity with an angelic voice and making the fans go wild, I have seen Madonna many times but no one got a crowd going crazy like MJ. He was a truly exceptional performer. Obviously I cant ignore the man's private life, the abuse he suffered as a child at the hands of his frikkin evil father (who since his son's death has done the most deplorable self publicity I have ever seen, this may seem a bit strong but that man has blood on his hands) I just wonder if MJ would not have been so fucked up if his father had shown him any affection at all?

I am pleased that the majority of coverage of him since his death has focused on the most important thing, his music, his dancing and the effect he had on his fans. There is a public memorial in L.A on tuesday and it is expected that millions of people will attend to show their respect and great sadness of the loss of a legend, I have been listening to him all week, mainly his early stuff but cant seem to stop playing "Man in the Mirror" - it is such a beautiful and powerful tune! RIP MJ



Also in the last week we have lost the BEST Charlie's Angel, Farrah Fawcett who passed away after battling cancer and also the comedy legend that was Mollie Sugden, who has shifted off to heaven to sroke her pussy in peace.





I had a great time in Sheffield last weekend, managed to see almost everyone I wanted to see, Saw my lovely friend Emma's new baby girl for the first time and I have to say Kirsty is beautiful!! Lil Stanley is also a lil charmer with a cheeky grin, we took them to the park and I realised there and then that I am too scared a human being to become a father, ervytime stanley climbed on anything, I was scared so maybe I should just be an eternal uncle. I also saw Kerry and her 2 sons Eli and Dylan who are growing fast and totally adorable, this might sound bad but I seem to hear kids all the time around London using the most foul language and it was refreshing to see 2 boys who were 100% polite.

I stayed with the wonderful, marvellous Dan who kept me amused with his rather special version of "Man in the Mirror" which he sang using a TV remote control as a microphone, whilst spinning, slapping his ass and shouting "jambon, jambon" - I don’t think that’s what MJ used to shout on stage, what with it being french for ham. We spent saturday afternoon plonked in a beer garden surrounded by special people and then the night was spent drinking our own bodyweight, I kinda worked it out this week and I think on saturday alone I consumed over 2weeks worth of the recommended alcohol intake - binge drink britain!

On Monday night I went with Oliver and Boo to the Mayor's Pride Reception at City Hall, mainly for the free wine but also to see what kind of car crash speech Boris Johnson would make, oh and he really excelled himself! in talking about the lives of LGBT people in modern London his speech featured mentions of the island of Lesbos, the lesbian poet Sappho, whose poetry he recited in greek! thanks for that Boris - I feel like we really bonded! I feel safe in your hands - you upper class retarded cyclist obsessed ugly moron.

This weekend is London Gay Pride and I am not going!! woo hoo!! I have been to pride every year since I was about 18 and have worked there every year for about the last 7 years so am due time off, and what a pleasurable time it will be as the lovely James and Jim are getting hitched!! Its my first civil partnership and I cant think of a better couple to break me in (ooer), so many congrats in advance guys.

Ok its friday, the weekend is here and after a little gap its time for another of

THE IMAGINARY MEN OF PIPPY'S BOUDOIR

Today it’s the turn of australian actor Ryan Kwanten, he used to be in Home and Away and is not in the successful american drama "True Blood, blah blah blah, check it out!



have fun xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home