whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Monday, June 15, 2009

So the holiday is over, I am back from Ibiza and work SUCKS!! I did however have an absolutely marvellous time, the weather was sensational and I managed to get a tan which is pretty good for a sensituve skinned lil white boy like me! We stayed in Calla de Grassios which is about a 15 - 20 walk to San Antonio so we were away from the noise and the "Binge drink brits abroad" crowd, we had a nice little beach near by too, most days were spent lounging by the pool giving all the other people around the pool nicknames, some too horrible for me to even write on here.

Nightlife wise, we hit a few clubs but mainly stuck to the bars due to rather excessive prices, managed to get over to Ibiza town one night for some much needed gayness, I am sure there must be a homo bar in San Antonio but could we find it? could we buffalo! big thanks to Oliver for sorting it all out and respect to the girls for making us laugh and coping with overt homosexuality. Bring on Finland in August!!

Well whilst I have been away not a huge amount has happened, apart from the frikkin BNP winning 2 seats in the European Elections, this just sickens me, I just cant comprehend how anyone could read their manifesto and still cross that box, guess there are more stupid people around than I originally thought, its even more sad that one of the seats was won in the yorkshire and humber regional constituency, as a yorkshire man this totally blows me away but kinda makes me realise why there are so many northern gay boys down south. Thankfully the majority of the country seem to be against this hate party so lets fight the good fight people.

In the more shallow world of showbiz, Madonna has been granted the adoption of another Malawi orphan, a little girl called Mercy, the adoption seems to be have been welcomed by Malawi but the usual haters are out in force, lets face it, its Madonna, the woman gets what she wants, do I agree with this? I am not sure, I have very dear friends who are going through massive adoption processes at the moment, it all just seems to happen so quickly if you have shitloads of money or are married to Brad Pitt.

I wrote a blog entry on holiday that was pretty ranty, I don’t know why, its not like I was in a bad mood but when it hits me it hits me! so here we go

Its probably quite easy for me to say that most journalists in the gay press could not write their name on a dusty sideboard, but after YEARS of buying the gay magazine "Attitude" , I have to say that the magazine has got better overall but every single issue there is an interview with a hot young male actor and the questions are always the same

- would you ever do a gay sex scene?

- would you ever do full frontal nudity?

- have you ever had a gay experience?

I do have to admit that generally I am intrigued by the answers to these questions but at the same time it is a bit tragic, the magazine is veering to becoming an all male FHM, is this what our gay brothers and sisters fought for in the 60's and 70's? when that first punch was thrown at the Stonewall Inn 40 years ago were they thinking - "we are fighting for equality, for human rights but most of all we are fighting to find out if an Hollyoaks actor has sucked a blokes cock.

The summer is haphazardly heading our way, gay pride season is upon us, I still believe that gay pride is relevant, some people are very dismissive about gay pride for a number of reasons, after all Katy Perry got to number one with "I Kissed a Girl" so surely everything is ok right? well Ms Perry is not gay, that record was written and sung to make money not raise any kind of social conscience, I doubt Ms Perry has been punched in the face and called a lezza and I doubt Ms Perry has ever been blocked from expecting basic human rights. Ms Perry is lining her pockets by singing about an intimate expression of love that she has no idea about. perhaps if she was actually gay she would not be signing so loudly, run back to your safe, deluded, gated world and let the fags continue the fight. Where were you at the Proposition 8 rally? meeting with your bank manager perhaps? Your hair, make up, clothes, dance routines and every aspect of your image was probably thought up by gay people (we are quite creative like that it seems) and yet you sing about us like we are circus freaks, will you stand side by side with us as we battle for equality or just buy some popcorn and sit ignorantly watching the lesser fall. At the end of the day we will eventually have equality, we will be out on the streets celebrating, you wont Ms Perry cos without us you will be looking like shit that day - sorry Katy, we have better things to do.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home