whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Well what a lovely/random weekend (I know it's wednesday but I been busy)

Friday night I went over to the lovely Tom and Mal's for a gorge dinner and muchos wine, great to catch up. Saturday a mad dash into town as my gorgeous and fabulous friend Miss Dan Jackson kindly sent me 3 free pairs of Monkee Jeans and I needed a new top or 2 to go with them, then a mad dash back home before meeting Maria, Gabe and Jason for wholesome food and even more wholesome rose wine in Gordon Square. Closely followed by a night out in Camden with James and Jim, I stayed at their flat in Kentish Town as getting home was not immediately possible. Woke up to a beautiful, scorching hot day so we headed back into Camden (a bit like returning to the scene of the crime) and had a summer mixture of drinks outside the Edinboro Castle pub, far too many good looking men in one space.

Sunday night was spent with fabulous Oliver at a rather random but fun Drag King event near St Pauls and then monday met up with Clare and Glenn for a nice walk in the sun followed by pints of cloudy cider, yum!! I must attempt to give my withering liver a rest this week! As friday was also pay day I paid Oliver for our trip to Ibiza, also booked my flights to see Tony and Anna in Finland in August and booked tickets to see one of my favourite bands who have just rather quietly reformed - Skunk Anansie! woo!!

Now it's back to work and the sun has disappeared but only for today allegedly, there really is not that much to report on the celeb gossip front sadly, but as always there are rumblings in the gay world, well more like an explosion of anger in California - Proposition 8 (the ban on gay marriage in California) was upheld yesterday, angry protests took place across the state last night. This is a major setback for gay equality and basic human rights, shame on you! Although the 18,000 gay couples that got married before the ban will remain married in the eyes of the law, speaking about this, Out lesbian singer Melissa Etheridge said "So, will anyone be sleeping better tonight? Those full of hate and fear will surely be disappointed that 18,000 same sex couples will be living in wedded bliss [...]. That’s really going to drive them crazy.”
Etheridge went on to tackle the matter of the differences in rights for married and unmarried same-sex couples, adding: “Then there are those of us who still dangle in 'domestic partnership'. We can adopt our own children, but we can't bring our partners, who might be citizens from out of the country, here. We can't file joint tax returns. I could go on.
“How do I explain this to my children? Well, you know Ellen? She is married but Mommy and I are not.”
Looking towards the future, she concluded: “I am hopeful as I see more and more states turn to the inevitable future of equality, California will get there. Change takes time.”
xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home