whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Monday, August 03, 2009

As one door opens….

I started to write a blog on friday that was quite positive and optimistic but never finished it due to having too much work on, I was going to write about the Quakers decision to agree to holding gay marriages in their religion, at their annual meeting in York on friday they passed the decision, this is the first mainstream religious group in Britain to decide on this, now if only other group would follow suit. It’s a great start though.

This news on friday left me feeling great, I have a very problematic realtionship with religion and it was nice to feel like I had a way in but then on saturday night in Tel Aviv a lone gunman entered a room where a gay youth support group was meeting and sprayed the room with bullets, killing 2 teens and injuring a further 12. This was clearly a homophobic attack, police are still hunting for the gunman and it is feared that more attacks will happen, police have taken the step of closing all gay bars in the city. I heard this news first thing on sunday morning and it really upset me, I have been a member of and run support groups for young gay people and know how essential these servies are, the thought that someone could enter such a safe, supportive space and turn into a slaughterhouse is sickening, just when you think the world is moving on….

In other news it seems experts have reached a conclusion on how Michael Jackson died, Jackson's personal cardiologist administered a powerful dose of Propofol before Jackson went to bed, as the doctor slept Jackson woke and asked an aide for further medication and was given a dose of the painkiller Demerol, it was the combination of these 2 doses that led to the fatal heart attack, so avoidable and so sad.

The new Madonna single "Celebration" was leaked on the internet last week, I have been listening to it on repeat pretty much since then and have to say that on first hearing I was not that impressed but as with most Madonna singles, it’s a grower, I obviously need to hear it in a club as it’s a fast paced dance song and I expect gay clubs across the land will be wearing this track out from this week.

As for me, well I just had a lovely weekend, Tony was staying with me to get the results of his pHD and its all good as he passed so there was some celebrating going on, few bars on friday night and then a bit of a leo sayer (all dayer) on saturday, I think we peaked too early on saturday as we were both fast aleep before midnight! Had a very lazy day yesterday and then met a guy that I am dating for a couple of drinks followed by a barbecue at his mates house which went well, they all seem nice. things are going well - woo hoo!!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home