whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Now I don't quite know what to do? Laugh or cry - On Saturday morning I was at home flicking through my usual list of websites and happened upon heat magazines website, the top story was that Kerry "I bet she eats with her mouth open" Katona was getting divorced from her dodgy as fuck husband Mark Croft, part oif me was sat at the laptop laughing whilst doing the "I told you so dance" but then I clicked on the video clip from her latest reality show where she is seen chatting on the phone about the impending divorce and breaks down in tears. She does cut a very sad figure and my heart did actually go out to her…..so the news today that they are apparently back together has just infuriated me, That girl needs some serious help but I guess as the saying goes "You can't help someone who won't help themself"

It has also been reported this morning that Jade Goody may only have hours to live, It reallyis one of those stories that has hit me hard, I just can't believe it is happening. I take back all the bad things I have said about her in the past, I think she has handled this so well, she has raised awareness of cervical cancer and been as dignified as possible whilst obviously raising as much money as she can for her 2 sons, I am just not looking forward to the news when it breaks.

Well this weekend was a bit weird really, I have had my friend Dan staying which has been lovely but also a weekend tinged with a bit of sadness as my friend Tony has left London to move to Finland, We went out on saturday night to bid a fond farewell with much lager and tequila, I stayed at Tony's on saturday to help him get to the airport yesterday, which was a slight challenge but we made it in plenty of time, tis sad to see him go but now I have a marvellous excuse to visit Finland at some point this summer.

It was Comic Relief on friday night and as I am still not watching TV I caught up with most of the action on saturday with iplayer, I have to admit that I wasn't that impressed. The hosting was fine and as usual I cried buckets at the heart wrenching reports from the UK and Africa but the actual comedy sketches were really dull, The Royle Family was the best of a bad bunch really. Little Britain just need to call it a day really, they are trying to be shocking but I have moved on and they should too.

The reports from Africa were very moving, It has to be said that even though she has that annoying gob wide open silent laugh, Davina McCall knows how to get you crying, The report she did that looked into deaths of mothers during childbirth in Africa was particularly upsetting, the rate of deaths of mothers due to complications during childbirth in the UK is 1 in 8200, in some parts of Africa the figure is 1 in 8! You can still donate money to comic relief here

www.bbc.co.uk/rednoseday

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home