whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Morning,

Remember your childhood?? Days of innocence and playing in the streets, going over to your mate's house for hours and hours without achieving anything useful. Happy times some might say but after the reports this morning that the average age for children being given their first mobile phone being 8 years old, I do start to worry about parents and their priorities. Why does a kid need a mobile phone at such a young age? Many parents would probably suggest it's for their child's safety but really it actually puts them in a more vulnerable position of being robbed or mugged simply for their phone. Really a child as young as 8 should be under adult supervision and if not why not?

I know it's easy for me to say - the gay guy with no kids but I have friends with kids and thankfully they are all excellent parents but I do worry about parents that simply think they can send their kid out on their own with a mobile and they will be safe. Are we not just forcing kids to bow down into peer pressure? I cannot think of a single reason why I would ever have needed a phone when I was 8 and I know the world is changing but sometimes those changes are unnecessary and worrying.

Well they are definitely doing another Sex and the City movie, The pippyrants jury is out on this one, I did love the last film but it all ended very nicely and I fail to see how they can develop the story further. Also the first film was pretty dark and although there were some funny moments it did feel a bit of a rollercoaster ride. However, Sarah Jessica Parker has said today that " The last one, we got to tell a really mature, sophisticated story that had real heartbreak in it, and this time, I think we want a romp. We want our audience to have a massive romp." - Yay, clap Yay!! that's is exactly what I want a romp, I want Samantha Jones to fuck anything that moves, Charlotte to cry and look perfect a lot, Miranda to be totally sarcastic and Carrie to just be fabulous - shallow? moi? yep - I could drown in a puddle!

Well tonight is the 2009 Brit Awards and it is being hosted by James Corden, Mathew Horne and Kylie Minogue, this is all a bit too random for me, I have a feeling that Horne and Corden might be quite funny but after seeing Kylie live on a number of occasions I can say that she isn't that great at actually talking, don’t get me wrong, I loves me some Kylie but if you go and see on of her live shows her chatty bits to the audience all seem a bit forced and she usually just gives up, shouts "woooo" and gets everyone to do a mexican wave. Well tonight that simply wont cut it, it is also being broadcast live so has the potential to be a big mess (and that's just Adele in a dress! - thanks to peter for that line). My predictions are

Best British Male - Paul Weller

Best British Female - Duffy

Best Breakthrough Act - The Ting Tings

Best British Group - Coldplay

Best British Live Act - Coldplay

Best British Single - Leona Lewis - Better in Time

Best British Album - Coldplay - Viva la Vida

Best International Album - Kings of Leon - Only by the Night

Best International Male Artist - Kanye West

Best International Female Artist - Beyonce

Best International Group - Kings of Leon

Lets see tomorrow whether I have a high ratio of winners!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home