whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Well it feels like a brutally long time since my last blog so this is going to be a hefty one!

Things took a rather unexpected turn last week, I ended up flying to New York for a few days with Oliver! Yes I was barely back at work long enough to say "pass the lube" before I was whisked off to NYC. I have to say it was an amazing trip!! Possibly even better than the last time, mainly due to the fact that we had done all the sightseeing last year so this time we could spend our time more leisurely. I was very keen to head to the vintage clothing shops on the lower east side and we hit the hard and fast. I managed to find 2 items of clothing that have seemingly been impossible to find for years - the perfect black leather jacket and a retro denim fitted jacket. I also hit the holy grail of books by finding "Oprah's Big Book of Happiness" which I believe will change my life, much in the same way the jackets will.

We also managed to squeeze in a fair amount of drinking at the Stonewall Inn, Duplex, Dtox, G Lounge and the go go boy heavcen that is Splash bar, although one night I was a little bit intoxicated and staggered slightly on my way in and they refused me entry, bitches! god forbid that anyone should be drunk on a friday night.

We didn't drink every night, one night we were pretty exhausted from all the walking so we headed to the cinema in Union Square to see the rather fabulous film "Twilight" starring the delicious Rob Pattinson. It is such a good film and I could easily watch it again, the leading couple brim with sexual chemistry and the story is gripping and beautiful.




On our last day it was forecast to snow and boy did it! New York took on a whole new light so we headed up to Central Park and got a horse drawn carriage in the snow, really stunning and quite regal really, our last night was spent at the Broadhurst Theatre watching Daniel Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths in "Equus" we were very lucky to catch it as it closes next month, the play is amazingly intense and fascinating and even though there was a big part of us that had just gone to see Harry Potters wand, the actual scene where Radcliffe strips is pretty traumatic so our focus was pulled elsewhere, you can't letch over a young man's penis when he is blinding 6 horses.




So a massive thankyou to Oliver for an amazing trip, I am back at work now and have hit the ground running with quite a lot of travelling and training over the next few weeks but there is always time for the blog!

Onto the world of showbiz, well it has been a long time coming but finally Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil are getting divorced due to her recent adultery in St Lucia with a very hot guy who has far better prospects than the prison dweller! check out the new guy!



This is probably one of my favourite times of year as awards season officially began this week with the Golden Globe awards which saw one of my fave actresses Kate Winslet winning 2!!! awards! for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress.



Sadly Sean Penn lost out on the Best Actor award to Mickey Rourke but maybe his luck will turn come Oscar time.

The Brit Award Nominations are announced next week, I expect Keane and Kings of Leon to feature heavily and with U2 performing and Pet Shop Boys getting the outstanding contribution award it should be a great night. The Oscar nominations are announced on the 22nd January andI am just hoping that "Milk" features heavily.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home