whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Right before I go all celebrity gossip on your ass I need to get political for a minute. In the next week the United Nations General Assembly will meet and France, on behalf of the EU, will make a declaration from the podium in support of the human rights of all people regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. You may be reading this and saying "and what?" like me you may be expecting that those human rights already exist - sadly they do not, It will be the first time in history that the UN general assembly has considered the issue of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights. 86 countries (nearly half the nations on earth) still have a total ban on male homosexuality and a smaller number also have a ban on sex between women. The penalties in these countries range from a few years in jail to life imprisonment. In at least 7 countries or regions of countries, the sentence is death. It just amazes me that in the year 2008 the world leaders that we are supposedly looking to for direction are so out of touch with life and love.

For some this may be an issue that just doesn't enter the thought process, but I can't ignore the fact that if I had happened to have been born in a different country but was still the same person with the same sexuality - I could be executed. In America Proposition 8 is a clear example of how far people will go to take away the rights of lesbians and gay men. Millions of dollars were spent on both sides of the argument whether or not to ban gay marriage. We are living in a world where the economy is quite frankly fucked and yet people claim more interest in who fucks who. Newsflash if we carry on like this we will all be fucked.

Now that’s off my chest let's move into the impending joy/doom of the work xmas do. I love a good do and I do indeed do the do but our meal/drinks is going to be a very messy affair indeed, I am sure it will all start quite innocently with a proper xmas lunch and a spinkling of wine but then we are heading into Soho and that's where I fear all will go downhill. Last year we ended up in Soho and by the end of the night pretty much everyone had either lost something or had it stolen - I managed to misplace my housekeys. This year I am taking a minimal amount of things, not even a bag, and ya know I love to accessorise with a man bag but it is too big a risk. Check back next week for the full report.

God that Elton John just can't keep his trap shut can he? The other night he was performing at the o2 Arena and started banging on about the X Factor. Now I don't know about you but when I go and see an artist in concert I want to hear them sing songs not use offensive language completely unnecessarily. Elton is quoted as saying to the audience that he would "rather have his cock bitten off by an alsation than watch the X factor, his balls too" - all I can say to that dear is it would be a miracle that even a dog would go near your nasty old member! eeewww. Oh and by the way Elton you really shouldn't have said that - Alexandra Burke (this year's X factor winner) is supporting you at the o2 arena on New Years Eve, dumbass!




xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home