whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hey hey hey

Well it has only taken me about 5 days to recover fro my birthday celebrations on friday, I can't remember much about the night apart from having a really good time. I can remember aspects of being in the edge bar in soho but popstarz is a blur, I remember dancing to Madonna and Cyndi Lauper so it must have been a good one. Thanks to everyone who made it out to celebrate with me

The rest of the weekend was not exactly sedate, spent most of saturday watching series 2 of ugly betty before heading out to the joiners arms in Hackney with Dan and Sam for another night of trashed stupidity. Again it's all a bit of a blur.

Sunday was a very lazy day, After the lovely dan headed back to Sheffield I dragged myself into town and spent my Zavvi voucher on a Keane Live DVD which is fantastic and series 2 of Gavin and Stacey which is just great, got home and watched the whole series from start to finish.

This week and every week recently have been crazy busy and I seem to not have much time to write this blog, hence the big gaps in entries but I shall try my best.

In gay news - the hilarious american comedienne Wanda Sykes has come out of the closet, I have seen Wanda several times on Ellen Degeneres Chat show and also guest starring in Will and Grace. She has always spoken passionately about gay rights and at the weekend she came out of the closet to say she got married to her female partner earlier this year! Go Wanda.




I'm a celebrity, get me out of here has started and although I don’t watch it I did hear that one of the blonde bimbo types was worried that she might be pregnant after eating a kangaroo testicle or something, this kind of stupid overpaid person should really be barred from society, no? I was also shocked to hear that Dani "I have not been on TV for years and when I was a presenter I had all the charisma of a day old airline salad" Behr is getting paid more than anyone, I don't understand what she has done to justify such a wage, she aint never won wimbledon that's for sure!

My evil plan to rid the world of Kerry Katona is slowly but surely coming together, she has been dropped from OK! Magazine and now MTV have shelved plans for her next reality show, all I need to do now is shove her in one of the freezers in Iceland and my evil/socially generous plan will be complete.

The Metropolitan Police are allowing a concert to go ahead this weekend by Ragga star Bounty Killer, despite his lyrics suggesting that people should "kill queers". Gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell is leading the campaign to get the show cancelled stating

“A white racist singer who advocated killing black people would not be allowed to perform in London, even if he agreed to not incite the killing of black people at his concert.

“The police would argue that any stage performance by a white racist singer would risk public disorder and damage community cohesion. They would ban him, full stop. They have adopted this zero tolerance policy towards white racist bands like Skrewdriver.

“Yet when it comes to straight homophobic singers who urge the murder of gay people, the police take a softer stance. They have agreed to let the concert go ahead, despite their professed commitment to oppose homophobic hate crimes. It’s bare-faced hypocrisy.”

It's pretty rare that I wholeheartedly agree with Tatchell but this time he has my vote. I have emailed the Met police commissioner and the home secretary with my concerns about allowing this to go head and I urge you to do the same. commissioner@metpolice.uk and public.enquiries@homeoffice'gsi.gov.uk

As the rather marvellous Margaret Mead once said

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world, Indeed it is the only thing that ever has"

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home