whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Monday, October 27, 2008

It takes a lot to shock me, I have been out and proud for half my life and in that time have had the privilege to have met many bizarre and wonderful people from extremely diverse and fascinating backgrounds. I am lucky to have friends and family that have totally supported me in whatever I do and my sexuality has never really been a major issue. I move in circles that are very open minded and accepting, every once in a while though I find something out that just leaves me at a loss for words. Yesterday I went to the shop to get my usual sunday reading matter - a trashy tabloid and the Observer, made myself a huge cup of coffee and curled up on the sofa to catch up on the weeks events.

Yesterday The Observer released the findings of their sex survey. The survey was carried out by an independent research agency who recruited 1044 people aged 16 or over and asked them questions on all different aspects of sex. The answers were split into different sections such as manhood and manogamy, safe sex, ethnicity and education and homosexuality. I managed to stop myself from going straight to the gay bit but eventually I got that far and could not believe what I was reading - 56% of people did not believe that gays should be allowed to adopt children, 40% believed that the age of consent for gay people should be higher than for heterosexuals and this is the clincher 24% thought that gay sex should be made illegal - that's one in 4 people! and that figure has increased by 1% since the last survey in 2002. Just to think that there are people in this country who would like to see me locked up is just unbelievable and very sad. I don't know how they got these people for the survey and I just pray that this is not representative of the general populations views.

On a lighter note - unless you have been hiding under a rock or a cock for the last few days you can't have missed the fuss over the Kerry Katona/This Morning interview where due to her "bi polar medication/sleeping tablets", Kerry slurred her way through the interview and was asked by Phillip Schofield if she was ok several times. It really was car crash TV - since then Kerry has of course taken the higher ground and branded Schofield as "ignorant and arrogant" for failing to understand her illness - sweetie I think even dogs would have been watching that asking the questions he put to you. She goes on repetitively to say ""He was out of order. Saying I was drunk is ignorant and arrogant." - Yeah hon, He never said you were drunk, maybe you were too pissed to remember? I do have to admit that it is sad to see someone in such a state and that husband of hers should never have even taken her to the studio in that state but I guess having £ signs for eyes blurs his judgement slightly.

On saturday I met up with Oliver and picked out my 1st ever pair of glasses. It's such a good job Oliver was there as god knows what I would have ended up with but I pick them up next week and they are a very nice pair of Dolce and Gabbana's. I am not sure if I will just wear them for work and reading but I guess they will take some time to get used to - I can guarantee that even more people will be saying "ooh you look like Simon Pegg!"

Yet again I have a ever so slight moist feeling in the genital area and I am not talking about discharge! I regularly check what's coming up in the West End Theatreland and 2 of my favourite actors/sexy men are starring together - James McAvoy and Nigel Harman are due to appear in Richard Greenberg's play "3 days of rain" at the Apollo Theatre from February. Bring it!






This week is exceptionally busy! I am off to Glasgow for the 1st time which should be fun, I am mainly going for work but also am meeting up with a few people whilst I am there to discover all the joys that Glasgow has to offer. I shall report all when I get back.

Sorry for the rather sporadic blogging lately but my workload has gone through the roof and I am actually getting stuff done!!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home