whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Friday, October 03, 2008

On September 8th this year I wrote in my blog about a homophobic attack near one of my local pubs in Hackney. A gay man was attacked by a gang of youths and stabbed 8 times. At the time of the post he was in a stable but critical condition, yesterday it was revealed that he was stabbed in the spinal cord and is now permanently paralysed - he is 21 years old. This is the kind of horrific outcome that I would expect to read about in the national press, surely this would justify at least a paragraph. I read about this attack in 2 places, a website for gay related news and one newspaper "The East London Advertiser" - can someone tell me how homophobic hate crime is going to be taken seriously if nobody is aware of it? I have spent time thinking about this but have reached the conclusion that it really does not make any sense.

I really do love my mum, she is quite a marvellous woman! I am still unable to watch TV but am very keen to see the new Jonathan Harvey sitcom "Beautiful People" that started last night on BBC2 - Thankfully my mother has come to the rescue, she is recording them all onto dvd for me - what a star!! She is also recording "The Secret Policemen's Ball" on CH4 on sunday night featuring the genius of Alan Carr!!

Well the weekend is upon us, tomorrow I am off to Catford!!! (lord help me now) for a 40th birthday party and then sunday I am heading down to South London to support my lovely lovely friend Camilla who is taking part in the "Run to the Beat" half marathon. The girl has been training like an olympic athlete, lets just hope she doesn't have a piss in the street like that Paula Radcliffe.

Hold the front page - Kerry Katona is going to get her breasts out on her new reality show as part of her breast reduction, Cut to thousands of people listening to the shipping forecast.

Am so sexually confused at the moment, I have never really found Chris Martin of Coldplay fame very attractive but he looks pretty fine in this picture, is that wrong?




His bandmate Guy Berryman is absolute perfection though!



Have a lovely weekend

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home