whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Spoilt Pippy!

Hi Bitches,

Well what a great weekend I just had! Usually the weekend before pay day is spent crying on the sofa, jumping for joy when I discover small change in an old pocket. However, on saturday Oliver came over with bags and bags of goodies!! It was an early birthday/xmas surprise that included beautifully wrapped multivitamins to ensure that I have another birthday after this one! A fab red/black checked shirt that fits like a glove and a bottle of champers!! but wait - there were 2 gifts still to open, the first was a French and Saunders DVD with......2 tickets to see the comedy duo that very night!!! yay!!! the next envelope intrigued me as I really thought that was more than enough but I opened it to find 2 tickets to see Sarah Silverman last night! Big thankyou to Oliver for making this weekend so so so much fun - I am well and truly comedied out!




French and Saunders were great, a even mix of old clips on a big screen mixed with classic and new sketches including the original sketch that inspired Absolutely Fabulous and loads of bitching between the 2 about Ab Fab versus Vicar of Dibley. Ending the show with the disgusting sleazy fat men with cocks!!! I am so glad that I finally got to see them before they say farewell forever!

Yesterday was a lazy day of watching dvd's and drinking. Late afternoon we headed over to Hammersmith for Ms Silverman, The show was sold out and Hammersmith Apollo was rammed, due to technical problems the start was delayed and they were not letting people into the theatre so it was a bit stressful being crushed against so many disgruntled comedy fans. Finally we were let in and on she came, Her timing and delivery was amazing and her jokes were disgusting, politically incorrect and totally offensive - I loved every minute!

Lines including

"I have had an Abortion, well abortions and it's one of the top 50 most difficult decisions a woman has to make"

"Scientology is so gay...and i don't mean that in a bad way, when i say gay, i mean retarded"

Talking about Barack Obama, she said she was concerned that America would not elect a half black president "Oh i shouldn't be so pessimistic - he's half white"




The only problem was that she was on for less than an hour and there was some jeering from the crowd but I loved every minute of it and repeatedly raised my hands to my mouth in shock at some of the things she was saying.

Well it's going to be a busy week at work but at least it's pay day on friday! I am finally going to buy my glasses on saturday - I guess this is a really rather dull birthday present to myself - the gift of sight, I am like a gay jesus or something

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home