whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

What a lovely weekend!!

Thanks to my Sheffield Girls for the great weekend, I arrived on saturday afternoon and was whisked into a bar for a gorge cocktail closely followed byt beer and a kebab (yeah we were starting as we meant to go on) - We hit the scene hard and fast, taking in the new gay bar "Sanctuary" which if there had been more people in would've been great, it's a lovely bar and has a lot of potential but where were all the gays…..where else they were in Dempseys of course. I have to say I had a marvellous time, the music was fab and I saw loads of people that I had not seen in ages. I also have to admit that the mullet craze that swept sheffield seems to have blown on by!

No scary goings on can be reported apart from the world's tallest, largest man on the dancefloor, it a bit like "It's a Knockout",



I had to keep runing away from him for fear of being crushed - but apart from that a grand night was had by all, I do have to apologise to Dan for slapping him, he was a bit swirlyu at one point and started to lose it bless him and asked me to slap or snap him out of it, I gave him a gentle slap but he wanted it harder so I did, it was not until he said he was seeing stars and felt dizzy that I began to realise I may have overdone it. Apol's for that one sweetie.

The rest of the weekend was a lazy haze of TV and far too much KFC, did we really need a family feast for 2 of us? well it turns out we did as we managed to clear most of it!

Now it is back to the grindstone and it's another really busy week of training and travelling. Howevee, this is the last really crazy week and then the wind down for xmas begins. I am so looking forward to having a break and heading home to be well fed and pampered by ma and pa pippy!!

Have we entered a world of politically correct madness, I thought that comedy was supposed to be edgy and indeed sometimes offensive but since the Brand/Ross debacle it does seem that comics can't say anything near the knockle for fear of getting attacked by daft daily mail reading twats. The latest casualty is Alan Carr who made a joke about Karen Matthews at the British Comedy Awards this weekend. Alan Carr is offensive and un PC and that is why he is loved, please don't relegate him to telling tame jokes about everyday life we have Pam Ayres for that sort of thing.

I caught the X factor at the weekend and have to say thank god that howdy doody looking cranberries lead singer rip off girl has left the competition, whose Idea was it to get her to sing a Dido song, bleurgh!!! I am praying that the marvellous Alexandra wins but I have an awful feeling that big haired Eggnog will get all those irish votes and do that ugly cry again. Well it's all nearly over and then we can look forward to the xmas number one being an X factor song yet again. It does get a bit boring and predictable. I remember when there was a real battle as to who would be the xmas number one but now it is just an inevitability really, shame.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home