whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

40 go mad in the countryside!

Yeah this weekend was my mate Clive's birthday in the countryside just outside Stoke on Trent and I have to say it was great fun!! We arrived on friday night and got settled…with food and a few bottles of booze but didn't have too much of a late night as we all knew how mash up saturday was going to be, So after waking and having breakfast and a lazy time a few of us headed to the pub which was a nice break from the madness. We got back to see the party house being decorated and people preparing their outfits. I was going as Amy Winehouse so the change took quite a while but it paid off big time as I looked suitably ridiculous/fabulous. Everyone had made a great effort and the night was so much fun, with performances that included Michael Jackson, Whitney House, Alexandra Burke and Beyonce, people were entertained and totally shitfaced.

Waking up on sunday was one of the biggest challenges my poor body has ever had to face, I have not been that hungover in many years. The journey back to London was a mission but we managed it, although walking out of Euston station the cold air hit me and I almost froze to death, Struggled home and immediately hid under the duvet and drifted in and out of conciousness for the rest of the day.

I kept waking up and at one point staggered to my front window to see a blanket of snow covering everything. It got worse as the night went on and by morning was really deep, I was supposed to be working in Kensington all day but there was no chance so I dragged myself to the shop to stock up on food and went back into hiding. Thank god for biscuits and dvds!

In other news - they gays are under fire yet again, firstly the case I wrote about last week, with the 2 children being placed with gay adoptive parents? well the roman catholic chruch is now facilitating the funding of the legal challenge and the Mail on Sunday has carried on with it's hate inciting journalism - Peter Hitchen's writes

"If I never again had to read or write a word about homosexuals, I would be very happy. I really don’t want to know what other people do in their bedrooms.
"But these days they really, really want us all to know. And, more important, they insist that we approve.
"No longer are we allowed to keep our thoughts to ourselves, while being polite and kind.We are forced to say that we think homosexuality is a good thing, that homosexual couples are equal in all ways to heterosexual married couples.
"Most emphatically, we are compelled to agree that homosexual couples are just as good at bringing up children as the children’s own grandparents. Better, in fact."
I really don't know how they get away with this kind of reporting, it is so offensive and biased, I know I should not be shocked as it is The Mail, I guess I am shocked that a newspaper has been allowed to get away with this for so long.
The pope has continued his fight to be named "gay rights champion of the year" by promoting a priest who blamed Hurricane Katrina on New Orlean's acceptance of gay people, he has been promoted to bishop. Along with the popes declaration in December last year that gay people are as much a threat to humanity as the destruction of the rainforest and lets face it equality must be just around the corner. I don't know where they find the time to make such statements what with all the paedophillia they are allegedly covering up.
So as we are all aware it snowed yesterday and London came to a complete standstill, can't wait to see how we cope with that little olympics competition thing. I have mentioned this before but I do think its ridiculous that the snow falls and people can't get into work but the following day when it melts to slippy, hard, black ice we are all expected to risk our bones and asses to get to work, it took ages this morning - I am not happy!
xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home