whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Friday, February 20, 2009

It really is the pick of the pops!

A coalition of lesbian, gay and bisexual rights groups in Italy plan to protest at a major music event in Italy tomorrow after the inclusion of a song about a gay man "turning" straight.

Controversial performer Povia has penned the song Luca Was Gay and is competing for the accolade of best song at the Sanremo music festival.

36 year old singer Povia from Milan has angered gay rights groups because his song implies that gays can turn straight, the lyrics -

"Luca once was gay but he's with her today. When Luca talks, he holds his heart in his hand. Luca says: Today I am a different man.

"Today I'm a different man, but back then I needed answers. I was so ashamed, so I did my looking in secret. There were people who told me, "It's natural," but I studied Freud and I knew he didn't see it that way.

"I got through high school, still not knowing what happiness was. An older man made my heart race and that's when I realised I was homosexual.

"With him, I didn't hold back. He gave me lots of attention, and I thought it was love. Sure, I could be myself, but then the sex became a competition.

"I felt like I was the guilty one. I figured they'd catch him sooner or later, but I could make the truth disappear so he wouldn't get in trouble.

"I was looking for my father in all those men. I went with them so as not to betray my mother."

Everybody dance now!! whoop whoop, catchy lyrics, nothing like a good tune to set my toes a tappin!

oh who cares if he did turn straight, who cares if the writer or singer of the song turned straight, honey!! with talent like that - the gays don't want you anyway! now where did i put that closet door key?

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home