whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Brit Awards? Shit Awards more like!

I didn't manage to catch the awards live but watched them online straight after and it really was pretty bad! Let's start at the beginning - I love U2 and have done for a very long time but there new single is a bit too easy for me, it does not sound like a lot of effort went into it and they have been away for years so let's hope that the album proves me wrong.

Other performances included Girls Aloud (the only bit of glam for the evening) - although pisshead Sarah Harding let the side down with her drunken rant after the group won Best British Single, the other girls looked tres embarassed. There was of course the collaboration between the Ting Tings and Estelle, Am I the only one who thought someone backstage had pressed play on the Ting Tings song and then pressed play on Estelle's song in the hope that they would sound good together? Estelle also looked like a bad drag queen after 4 hours on stage at the 2 Brewers!

There were certain points in the evening where I got a bit gayly excited - The Kings Of Leon are simply stunning and blatantly did the best performance of the night, also despite apparently miming Take That looked as good as ever. Coldplay need to change those outfits and get them washed - Do think they were robbed for Best Album and Group though!

Now Pet Shop Boys - I had so much hope for you but it was pretty dull, Lady Gagging appearing for half a second and Brandon Flowers from the Killers?? (he also looked pretty beautiful though) where was the glamour? the near naked men? the homoerotic overload??

Iron Maiden - Best Live Act?? I did not know they were even alive let alone live!

James Corden, Matt Horne and Kylie were slightly painful it has to be said but they had their moments, Katy Perry winning Best International Female was a bit of a joke right? they were not serious. She is if you pardon my french - a talentless overly made up minge teasing fuckhead.

Anyway that's it for another year and I for one am slightly relieved, Also last night I watched the first episode in the new series of "Mistresses" - I totally missed the last series but found it quite easy to catch up and I can just tell that I am going to be totally addicted - too many good looking men and fiesty women in one show! Love Sarah Parish!!

Good news - Rev.Fred Phelps and Shirley Phelps from the Westboro Baptist Chruch have been excluded from entering the UK by Home Secretary Jacqui Smith.
"Both these individuals have engaged in unacceptable behaviour by inciting hatred against a number of communities," a UK Border Agency spokesman told The Sun.
"The government has made it clear it opposes extremism in all its forms.
"The exclusions policy is targeted at all those who seek to stir up tension and provoke others to violence regardless of their origins and beliefs."
The "Church" responded in its usual throwaway and light hearted fashion -
"You British Bastards will not have Jesus Christ to rule over you, and think you can issue bans and pass laws to remove God’s word from the landscape.
"You do greatly err, not knowing the power of God; and, you do that against your own interests. It is a great kindness to have God’s prophets in your land.
"But, you ungrateful brutes despise knowledge. It is too late for the UK. God Hates You! God’s wrath and destruction is all that’s left for you, thanks to Secretary Smith."
They also referred to Queen Elizabeth II as a "whore" - now I am not sure where they are getting there information from but I think she has been married for over 60 years and is 82 years old, not exactly pole dancing is she.
In other gay related goings on - Hip Hop star Kanye "mad as a box of hair" West has been speaking out about the gays, saying that he is trying to turn the word "gay" round from a negative to a positive, saying that in the future when he refers to anything as gay, it is a compliment, as gays are all stylish and at the core of groundbreaking art and design - I am thinking Kanye has not experienced some of the more rural gay bars in England, although his recent foray into a Mullet hairstyle stinks of the Sheffield scene queens. Kanye is also quoted as saying
"But in the past two, three years, all the gay people I've encountered have been, like, really, really, extremely dope."
Well indeed Kanye you are right, I am particularly dope! sometimes I go to the extreme of dope that I can barely get back from dope, people yell at me in the street "girl you is well dope" I just snap my fingers and flash my woohoo at such catcalls - so yes dope I am, dope is me.
That's all for today, don't forget to be dope, it's all we have left
xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home