whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Friday, August 01, 2008

So the weekend is finally here, after a rather gruelling week. Work is pretty busy at the moment as I am putting the finishing touches to a project that has been on the go for well over a year. It is being launched in early october so more details will follow but I think it might be a tad controversial.

Well I have started reading the book that Madonna's brother has written about her, I have to say she aint coming off as a saint. I have only got as far as the dreaded "Shanghai Surprise" film shoot (a film that I still can't bring myself to watch), basically we all knew that Madonna was a power hungry, fame seeking diva but this book really puts it all into a new context and I am feeling myself feeling more sympathy towards her brother so apologies for calling him a big fatty boom boom before. I shall hopefully finish it over the weekend so a full write up will be here next week.

Brighton Pride is upon us tomorrow and I am kinda looking forward to it now. I have basically decided that if it's raining when I open my curtains tomorrow I aint going! Slipping around a wet muddy park with the gays is bizarrely not my idea of fun. So hopefully the sun will be out and I shall experience the joys of drinking warm cans of beer from the dodgy off licence, having no mobile phone reception, bumping into people that ya kinda hoped not to run into etc. It's a day packed full of fun for all the family.

Tonight I am opting for a pretty quiet one, the 5th series of Law and Order:Special Victims Unit arrived on my doorstep this week and I crammed a few episodes in last night and it's the best series yet. A particular highlight last night was an episode focusing on the ex gay movement in America. This is a religious movement that "rescues" gays from their hedonistic lifestyle and pop them back on the straight and narrow. This particular episode featured the poster boy for the ex gay movement found murdered, I was intrigued how the cast and writers might handle this issue but it was fantastic - my fave bit featured my heartthrob Detective Elliot Stabler (played by Christopher Meloni) threatening to rip out the throat of a homophobic preacher - how hot is that??




Love, Love, Love this story from this week's popbitch mailout

"Back in the 80s it was quite normal for gay singers

to hang around the London Apprentice on Old Street,

and they rarely got any bother from the other gayers

in the bar. On one occasion I was cruising round

the sleazy part of the bar when I came upon a

bare-chested Marc Almond, looking very sexy. I

followed him to a dark corner. I noticed that he had

a yellow hanky hanging out of his right hand jeans

pocket, so I took it that he was into watersports.

"Marc turned round to face me. I took out my dick and

started to piss on him. Somewhat outraged, he asked

what the fuck I thought I was doing. I told him I

thought he was into watersports because of the yellow

hanky in his right pocket. 'It's a t-shirt,' he

answered.



"Oops, sorry Marc."

Classic!

Have a great weekend!!!

xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home