whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Hello my name is Pippy and I am an alcoholic.

Yes I have finally come to the realisation that drinking is my playground. This weekend is literally a collection of drunken antics and hangovers. Friday night it was my lovely friend Maria's leaving do so off we all went to a local Kings Cross bar to quench our thirst. Maria was staying at mine so I suggested having a FEW drinks and then heading home for a couple of bottles of wine, cut to us in Escape Bar in Soho dancing like twats til the early hours of the morning.

Eventually a few of us piled onto the night bus and headed home, waking up the next morning was a mission so we all hot footed it to my local greasy spoon for a much needed full english before heading to my local for hair of the dog. Is'nt it genius that just by putting a little topping of lemonade on a pint of Stella it tastes all refreshing and almost non alcoholic? After a couple of pints Maria and I headed over to our friend Michael's house for his annual Barbecue, thankfully he has a well covered garden so the rain didn't put us off. He kept dishing out the glasses of punch which genuinely tasted like Ribena but was packed to the brim with vodka - I didn't notice how drunk I was til the journey home, you know when you are so drunk you think you are walking in a straight line but end up crossing the road accidentally - well that was me, I looked like a street drinker!!

I woke up on sunday fully clothed with my phone in my hand and after checking my sent messages, 1 totally stupid message but the rest were fine. I spent most of the day recovering with a heavy helping of old episodes of "Friends" but there was little time for mooching around as Oliver was on his way to mine to get ready for a big madonna party near Leicester Square. Yes it was a party to celebrate our gracious leaders upcoming 50th birthday - did I take it easy and stick to soda water and lime, did I bogroll!! wine, wine and more wine! The party was good with some ok performances and I now feel that I can head to the V festival having celebrated Madge's birthday in style.

Not been a very good weekend if you are an american black male celebrity! Comedian Bernie Mac died this weekend aged just 50 after complications with pneumonia and then yesterday soul legend Isaac Hayes passed away.

Well this week is jam packed with plans and then friday morning I am heading off to the V festival, pray for good weather!!!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home