whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The drinking has to stop!!!

Yesterday was 15 years ago to the day since I came out to my friend Clare, It so does not seem that long ago and am still best of mates with Clare to this day, her reaction was perfect back then and she has been an amazing friend ever since so big whoop whoop to her

Well what a weekend!! I am sat here now feeling rather self abused - Friday night I went out with the lovely Richard for drinks and dinner, what started as a rather sedate evening soon turned into a rather drunken affair but lots of fun was had although I was slightly staggering when I got off the night bus and woke up on saturday feeling ever so slightly special. Thank god for my power shower and nurofen.

After slapping my face a few times and ramming some much needed breakfast in my mouth, I dragged myself into town to meet Oliver for our mate Adrian's stag do. It was such a beautiful day weather wise, possibly the hottest day of the year so far we met and had a few pints and that's where things took a dry turn - we headed to covent garden where the activities began - it was rather busy so we had quite a large crowd watching us do a sports day comprising of egg and spoon, bean bag on your head and sack races! We then had to find a phonebox, the groom then changed into a supergirl outfit and several of the guys had to carry him round looking for girls to kiss. The fun didn't stop there with a short taxi ride to Tate Modern where we placed a massive piece of paper on the floor and did a foot painting of Adrian's soon to be wife, Mel.

Then it was straight on to the restaurant Guanabara for some pretty gorgeous food and drinks. At one point a very strong, small bottle of Vodka was passed round for each of us to swig, there was also a small scorpion in the bottle which no one seemed to be daring enough to eat, so in a moment of drunken stupidity I ate it! I guess i was trying to prove I was a man but eurgh!! it was vile!

We then went up to Kentish Town for the "School Disco" night, I have to admit it was not as bad as I thought it would be, not as busy either and you can't go wrong with 80's music. After that we staggered home and collapsed, feeling ever so slightly like death warmed up.

The rest of the weekend was spent working and trying to gain back a sense of self worth.

Now onto the main issue of the week!!! Madonna's new album "Hard Candy" was released yesterday, I actually got a copy last week and despite a few fears of Madonna attempting RnB, I have to say that I absolutely love it, it actually sounds more like classic 80's Madonna, There is not one song that I feel the need to skip. My favourite track seems to change day by day but at the moment I am loving "Miles Away" and "The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You". Apparently tickets for the tour go on sale in the next few weeks, I am just praying that since she is playing Wembley Stadium, they will be slightly reasonably priced - this wedding is costing me more than I thought!

This coming weekend is the Hen party, we are off to a stone tent??? in the middle of nowhere, having an 80's party and going to Go Ape - this is set in the forest and is basically an assault course of rope bridges, trapezes and zip slides, I am not exactly the sportiest of people and am not great with heights so you should be able to hear me screaming my head off and ever so slightly crying - I am just a tiny little gay man after all!

Am very much looking forward to spending the next month hauled up in the cinema, finally got round to renewing my cineworld subscription which is a bargain that everyone should take advantage of, Am wanting to see the new russell brand film, deception starring the lovely hugh jackman, the new mike leigh film - happy go lucky and am rather excited about Ironman too!!

xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home