whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Last night I went to the London Lesbian and Gay Film Festival to see a film called "Life Support" starring Queen Latifah, It was based on a true story of a woman living in Brooklyn whose husband became infected with HIV through IV drug use in Prison and then passed the virus onto her. After coming to terms with her diagnosis she works for a HIV support organisation walking the streets of Brooklyn handing out health information and condoms. I was not sure what i was going to think of the movie, desperately hoping that it would not be all heroic and full of patronising messages. Thankfully I thought the film was excellent, it turns out that Queen Latifah can act and brought so much to the character. The film ends with the song "This Woman's Work" originally by Kate Bush - as soon as it started I felt a lump in my throat - this being one of the only songs that can guarantee to make me cry my eyes out. I managed to restrain myself - fancy having a face covered in mascara in front of all those gay boys!! the shame!

Tonight I am off the to a gay magazines awards show - with categories like Best Stripper of the year - I think it should be a rather fun evening. It's taking place in Fire nightclub in the 2nd gay ghetto in London - Vauxhall. I rarely head south of the river so this is quite the occasion. I must remember to dust off my tiara and beware of those silly paparazzi! Don't want any picture of my minge appearing all over the front pages tomorrow.

After a much needed break my boudoir is now ready for more imaginary men so from tomorrow I shall be bringing certain foxy hotties to your attention. Thankfully not all the men in my life are imaginary and my desires for dating are being fulfilled. As Carrie Bradshaw once said "I just need to feel the weight of a man on me!" - it's now my mantra.

toodles!!

xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home