whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Thursday, April 03, 2008

The stress of dating

It's like a box of chocolates!! You start to feel sick after a few of them and then you are left with the dregs that no one else wants. I am experimenting with dating at the moment - I have even subscribed to a dating site, yes I am financially investing in finding a man. I have had a few messages and even managed to set up a couple of dates.

I usually like dating as long as it's the old fashioned style of dating eg - dinner, movie and a few drinks rather than the dreaded modern style of gay dating eg - buzzing a random man's intercom and barely having time to introduce yourself before he wants you to "lube up".

My last attempt at online dating was not exactly successful, the guy was nice enough and we had a perfectly pleasent time but he was quite short, well very short - to put it bluntly it was all a bit...




Now I check the height of the date beforehand in an attempt to not be mistaken as the guy's carer. I remain optimistic with the site I have just joined, the profiles are not smutty or riddled with pictures of man meat. These usual features are replaced with insightful questions that allow you a glimpse into the guy's world.

I have not given up on the prospect of just going out and meeting someone, this may well happen tomorrow night as my lovely friend Maria is jetting off to a new career in Brazil and the work posse are out for her leaving do. This will include a trip to the Xfm indie night at the Carling Academy in Islington. I tend to think that gay indie boys don't just stick to gay indie clubs and maybe just maybe I shall meet a guy....our eyes will meet across a crowded dancefloor, we shall indie bop towards each other suggestively (which is hard to do when rage against the machine are playing) and compare t-shirt logo's.....either that or I will just stand in the middle of the dancefloor thwacking my ass to "Animal Nitrate" by Suede whilst pouting pathetically at moody looking androgynous types and scrawling the words "i am gay" across my shirt with a scabby old lipstick.

To think after all this effort I am still going to burn in hell - boo!!!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home