whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oh it's all very sad in the world of film, I was shocked to hear of the death of film director Anthony Minghella, Minghella directed films including The English Patient, Truly, Madly Deeply, The Talented Mr Ripley and Cold Mountain. Film director and production partner, Sydney Pollack paid such a beautiful tribute to him Minghella yesterday

Anthony was a realistic romanticist. A kind of poet, disciplined by reality, an academic by training, a musician by nature, a compulsive reader by habit, and to most observers, a sunny soul who exuded a gentleness that should never have been mistaken for lack of tenacity and resolve.
The cliche that you don't know anyone well until you've lived through wars with them, is an absolute truth. Sometimes making films is a form of war. Having weathered several with Anthony, I will tell you that his dignity never softened, his artistry never suffered, and his mind remained as sharp and clear in wartime as it was in quietude



Also news broke this week that the truly exceptional Dame Maggie Smith is battling Breast Cancer, The 2 time oscar winning actress insisted that she complete the latest Harry Potter film despite going through radiation therapy. I was lucky enough to see Maggie Smith in a 2 hander play with Dame Judi Dench several years ago and her presence on stage was nothing short of electrifying.



Great news that one of my personal heart throbs has got a lead role in the new series of Spooks! His name is Richard Armitage and he is probably better known as either Guy of Gisborne in the BBC Robin Hood series or the guy that the Vicar of Dibley married in the last episode, he is tall, dark, handsome and has the sexiest voice i have heard in a long time.



I see that filming on Kerry "please put me on the front of OK! magazine, I will make stuff up to make it sound like i have a life, please don't make me cut myself!!!" Katona's reality show has been halted as she has been admitted into the Priory rehab clinic again, apparently she is being treated for depression brought on by her bi-polar disorder. "Get well soon Kezza, love ya babes!!!" - not my words, hers!




Anyway my loves! Have a wonderful easter break and I shall be back when I am back!!

kisses xx

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have a great easter break too. Bryn x

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home