whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Ooh nasty homophobes!!

I often write in this blog about homophobia and gay rights, I admit to sometimes living in a big gay bubble, my work in volves tackling gay issues and I work in an office where the majority of staff are gay. I would say most of my friends are gay and I spend more time in gay bars and clubs than straight ones. So it always comes as a shock when homophobia knocks on my big gay door.

Last night I had been drinking with my friend Michael, we had a lovely evening and we parted ways on Old Compton Street, I walked along Charing Cross Road to get my bus but there were so many people waiting I decided to wander along to Tottenham Court Road to hop on a different bus. Just as I was walking up to the bus stop, 2 guys walked towards me and one shouted right in my face "Batty Boy!!!" whilst the other one nudged me hard with his shoulder, thankfully they just carried on walking - anything could have happened and even though it was a busy street, this is the city where things can go ignored. I would like to thank the young woman who asked if I was ok and sat with me for a while until my bus came. It really knocked me for six that someone would take time out of their lives to make me feel bad about who I am. I'm fine now but it just upset me last night.

Moving on! Being a big gay means one thing really - I like men rather a lot and think they are quite marvellous. Most of my fantasy men are quite expected, the beckhams and pitts of this world but occassionally I do go for the more random men, one of these is Alexander Armstrong who is starring in the new BBC drama "Mutual Friends" - I am not sure what it is about him but he makes legs shake!




I am loving the soap opera that is Lindsay Lohans's family!! Basically for those of you that don't check 50 celebrity gossip sites a day. The actress Lindsay Lohan is currently allegedly dating the DJ Samantha Ronson, they are all over the press looking besotted with each other and quite adorable and Ronson seems to be having a good effect in the fact that Lohan has not been arrested lately. Her father however is not very keen on the whole idea of the Lohan/Ronson relationship and has decided that rather than sitting down with his daughter and having a chat, he will communicate through the world's media - accusing Ronson of using Lohan. Lindsay has responded by calling her father a public embarassment and a bully. Now Ronson has got involved saying "I really don't want to say anything because I feel like he wins. He, being the man who is so desperate for attention that he goes to the media whenever possible. I feel no need to publicly defend my role in Lindsay's life. I'm just sorry that she likes me more than him." Ooh get her!



Well this weekend I am off to Surrey to see friends Sally and Darren tie the knot. It should be a good do but I hope I don't feel too fragile on sunday as I intend to get home, unplug the phone, get the papers and get some much needed rest, this week has been hectic and its time to lie down!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home