whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's a miracle I can walk at all!

Well I have been drinking like a coal miner with a pay cheque! Yes it all started on friday with the lovely Rachel's leaving drinks at the random bar that is Scooterworks on Lower Marsh, After a few Corona's there I headed up to The Marlborough Arms near Goodge Street for more drinks with Tony, Anna, Clare, Glenn, Jez and Helen - lovely to catch up with everyone, then it was over to the rather special White Swan (gentleman's wine bar) in Limehouse for their amateur strip night which is always a bit car crash but fun was had and that's all I am going to say about friday!

Saturday I felt rather special so had a relaxing morning watching all the dvd's my folks had sent me which included a few Madonna programme's from MTV/VH1 and highlights from the V festival which just reminded how fantastic last weekend was - part of one of the shows had an interview with John McClure who is the lead singer of Sheffield band "Reverend and the Makers" - He has a really strong Sheffield accent and I have to admit to watching this interview quite a few times, I can't put my finger on it but there is something rather appealing about him in a kind of mohawk/taxi driver/travisbickle kinda way - anyway he came across very well in the interview, guess you just had to be there - here he is anyway

After I had finished drooling I headed into town to meet Chris and James for more beers near Chancery Lane before heading into Soho, that was actually quite sedate and I was home by 9 ish! I think in many ways I was preparing my body for the battering it was going to get on sunday.

I woke on sunday and headed to Angel as I was craving a Pret A Manger latte and croissant, I picked up the papers on my way back and read 2 pretty positive reviews of the 1st night of Madonna's "Sticky and Sweet" tour - I am not actually going to write much about the show as I know my friend Dan reads this blog and I don't want to spoil his first ever Madonna live experience.

After ploughing through the Observer I got myself ready and headed to Shoreditch Park where the festival was coming to an end and the big screens were up showing live footage from the Olympic handover celebrations on the Mall - McFly covering ABBA - all different shades of wrong!

It was great to see everyone Pete, John, Kaz, T, Degsy, Clive, Adrian, Tom, Mal, Marek and Max, after far too many Magners and a very hilarious mis-hearing of "Chinese Judges" we though they said "Tranny Judges" - you can imagine! We headed into Hoxton Square and then onto that ever so special place "The Joiners Arms" where it got very messy - the music was great though and I needed that dance. I have no idea how I got home but I woke up yesterday feeling like death mixed with shit covered in piss - I was sweating and shaking and it was all a bit Trainspotting.

I did not even have time to feel sorry for myself I had to get my ass into town to meet the lovely Paul for a spot of lunch in Cafe Emm - I felt so bad that I just couldn't eat my lunch so we went down to the South Bank to check out Mediatheque at the BFI - basically there are a bank of screens in the BFI and you can view the BFI's archive of films, programmes and documentaries totally free of charge - we managed some Victoria Wood, Alan Bennett, an episode the gay current affairs show "Out on Tuesday" from 1989 and part of a Mike Leigh TV play called "Nuts in May" which I had never seen but featured a very young Alison Steadman - it was very dark but very funny I hope to go back soon and watch the end!

I left Paul and went home for food as my appetite made a much needed return before heading up to Hornsey for a music quiz at the 3 compasses pub. We did pretty well but there were a few too many 50's questions in there really.

So that's my weekend and now it's back to work - boo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home