whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh Dido, Dido, Dido why do you haunt my life?

I was feeling rather ill yesterday after the madness of the V Festival, I was all bunged up and had a really sore throat so I left work early and popped to the shop to get lots of orange juice, honey, lemons and painkillers. I got home and mixed up the lemon juice and honey with boiling water whilst downing some orange juice and sank into my sofa to watch a few dvd's before having a much needed early night.

So there I was all snuggled up in my bed, dreaming random dreams when all of a sudden I was woken by a rather harsh bass and then it came into my ears like a wide dagger - the dull as dishwater vacuous vocals of Dido!! Here is the deal - my housemate occassionally gets a bit depressed and drunk and when that happens (usually during the week annoyingly) she pours even more gin into the glass and plays Dido's debut album pretty loud and sings along in a drunken stylee. I cringed at all the lyrics about how she had been scorned by a lover and wondered when my housemate would have had enough, it turns out that 3 full listens to the whole album did the trick - oh did I mention this started at 3am and finished at 4.30am! I would have yelled at her when I woke up this morning but I was actually quite well rested and my cold and sore throat had disappeared so life was good again. When I get hom I am going to drag a bread knife against said Dido cd to ensure I rest easy - if you also own this album I suggest doing the same as it is shit.

People really are quite nasty aren't they? I have to admit that occassionally I find it hard to say nice things about people but I work for a charity for heaven's sake, even god took a day off! However, the reaction to Jade Goody's cancer diagnoses has been atrocious - she may have made some pretty major mistakes in the past and rubbed people up the wrong way but c'mon people she has been diagnosed with cancer! I cannot imagine the crap she has been through but all she deserves now is people's support and to not be accused of this being a publicity stunt.




It's already midweek and so not long to go til 2 great events - pay day on friday!!! and a nice long bank holiday weekend!! The plans are starting to come together nicely. Got a leaving do and drinks to go to on Friday night which should be muchos funos. Saturday I need to do a spot of shopping and do domestic flat stuff, I have NO plans for saturday night as yet but I am sure that will change soon. Sunday is the Shoreditch Festival and there is a picnic happening in Haggerston Park which should be good if the weather is kind to us but if not there are lots of pubs round there to keep us dry and drunk. Monday I am meeting Valerie Cherish for lunch and drinks in Soho - yay!!

Come back tomorrow for some really innapropriate mumblings about Harry Potter

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home