whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gay History

On several occasions I have talked on this blog about gay history and how important I think it is to recognise the contribution made by Lesbians, Gay Men and Bisexual people in the past. I was looking on the internet and found a site that has been started up as on online history museum for LGB people, I think it's essential that we find a way to document where we have been and where we are headed, I got in touch with the people behind this site to see if I could support them in anyway - I have been working on gay issues for 13 years now so am meeting one of the guys from the organisation next week.

On June 17th this year I blogged about a lesbian couple, Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon, who had been together for over 50 years and had finally had their relationship legally recognised in a ceremony in California, Sadly earlier this week Del Martin passed away, Her memory will live on in the inspiring work she did - including setting up America's 1st lesbian organisation and campaigning tirelessly for equal rights in gay marriage.

This morning saw the release of some truly shocking pictures of Michael Jackson out in Las Vegas celebrating his 50th birthday, his appearance is a sharp contrast from the Jackson of Thriller and Bad. There has been quite a lot of debate surrounding the 50th birthdays of Michael Jackson and Madonna - many saying that although Madonna is amazing, Michael Jackson is a musical genius who will be remembered in many years to come - looking at this picture I wonder what he will be remembered for?




Tonight I am off to the Retro Bar to meet my friend Michael who I have not seen in an age! It is also my first trip to the Retro Bar in months! It is my favourite gay bar in London, plays great music, friendly staff - a good night is on the cards! The weekend is all about a wedding, yes Sally and Darren are tying the knot so I am off to somewhere quiet quaint sounding for celebrations galore, here's hoping the booze will be flowing - also looking forward to a fab sounding wedding meal, they have plumped for Fish and Chips! Hoorah!!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home