whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Let the sunshine, Let the sunshine in!

What an amazingly gorgeous bank holiday weekend! I escaped up to Wasdale in the Lake District on friday, I had never really experienced the Lake District before but it is such a beautiful part of the country and genuinely took my breath away! I was there for my friend Mel's hen weekend. We had been told we were staying in a stone tent which was basically a converted barn with basic supplies in it - here is a pic of our humble abode for the weekend and the view we had of Wasdale






Friday night we headed to the pub for a gorgeous meal and a few pints before going home ready for our adventurous saturday!! Yes we were going to Go Ape, as i explained before in the blog it's a high wire adventure course, I aint good with heights but I have to say I absolutely loved it, there were a few shaky moments but I got stuck in and even went on the extreme version of the course, here are a few pics from the website with examples of what was going on.





After 4 hours of that we headed back to the barn slightly battered and bruised, we then got the beers and barbecue going and had an 80's party with 80's music and games, I was in charge of making the cocktails and they were quite lethal - maybe the absinthe was not such a good idea. Sunday morning we were all slightly worse for wear but managed to get our waterproofs on for a walk down to the lake which was quite lovely til the heavens opened - I don't deal well with mud!

Yesterday we left our barn and headed into Manchester for a few beers on Canal St, perfect end to a perfect weekend!

I am very glad I was out of London this weekend! I missed the drama and severe disappointment of Boris Johnson being elected Mayor of London. I could not believe the result, kinda makes me ashamed to be living in this city, plus the fact that a BNP member was voted onto the London Assembly - nightmare!! I just think Boris is a joke! Over the next four years all eyes will be on London with the run up to the Olympics and who do we have representing us on an international level - a twat! shame shame shame. Time will tell what difference the idiot makes but it does not bode well for the gays in this city at all.



I have an apology to make - the lovely Richard has pointed out a mistake on my blog! Kylie actually did do the Geisha look twice before Madonna - oops sorry although it does mean that Kylie has now done the geisha look 3 times but who is counting?

Enough of this writing! I am off to play in the sunshine!!!!

xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home