whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Whilst i was out on saturday night a "gentleman" asked me if i was gay, i had nothing to hide so i proudly propclaimed "yes i am" he then went on to ask "why i talked like that?", i must admit i have a camp tone to my voice but i quite like it, after all it pays to advertise that you lick the other side of the stamp!

I have no idea why SOME gay men are camp and others not, why SOME men mince when others have a swagger - i dont tend to think about it and dont usually enter into discussion about it mainly due to the fact that if we start talking about why SOME gay men are like that, some may go on to think about how we can change gay men to not be like that.

I can remember just after i came out to my mother, she pulled me to one side and said that i should try not to draw attention to my sexuality by talking or walking camp, she even went as far to say that i was starting to sound like Julian Clary (how fab is that!! i was only 16)

I kept my sexuality hidden throughout my childhood and most of my teen years. I was withdrawn, isolated and painfully shy so when i finally got the guts to come out you will have to pardon me for wanting to be that little bit more out. I looked up to gay men on TV like Larry Grayson, John Inman, Julian Clary - i wanted to be like them, i wanted to out and outrageous and i aint ever gonna apologise to no one for it.

So in answer to the question "why do i talk like that?" because i fuckin do, always have done and always will do, do i want to stop being camp? nope, why the hell should i? you should never not like who you are. It takes allsorts to make up this world, its guys like me that sprinkle it with glitter and make it that little more colourful - and that should never be seen as a bad thing

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home