whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I dont know how i do it people but i have managed to survive another weekend!!!

Friday was fun, The sale on my friend Pete's house went through so we met for a few drinks to celebrate, I could not stay out too late as i had to prepare my body for saturday and Live Earth!! I met up with Pete, Kaz and T at the Big Chill Bar in King's Cross, they have a grand old roof terrace and since it was such a beautiful day - champagne was in order so after polishing off a couple of bottles we headed up to wembley with the occassional chant of MA-DO-NNA!

We missed the 1st few acts but really wanted to avoid the queue's, The stadium is breathtaking! It was such a beautiful day and the atmosphere was fantastic. Highlights for me were the Black Eyed Peas, Keane (whose lead singer has lost weight and was looking pretty good!) and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

As night fell it was time for the big players! The Foo Fighters just blew me away, the set they played was flawless, I have never been a huge fan but will now be investing in their albums asap! Then it was time for our gracious leader, After a moment of darkness where all the stadium lights were turned off, out she stepped into a single spotlight to sing the theme of Live Earth - Hey you. She looked great and although i was initially disappointed with her set mainly due to a lot of it being a repeat of the confessions tour, i can now look back on it and realise how much she rocked the stadium. Getting Gogol Bordello to join her on La Isla Bonita was inspired and you cant go wrong with Hung Up. God bless her.

I got home eventually and watched some of the show that i had taped and it was all very surreal, you cant imagine what its like being at that size of show but looking back on it now feels slightly dream like.

On sunday i woke feeling a tad weary but i had no time to sit about. I hopped on a train to Sheffield for my friend Matt's birthday party, It was so much fun and really great to catch up with people,. although it did get very messy! Lots of dancing (cut to me flat on my back at the bar with Dan on top of me after attempting a madonna yoga like move). There was also quite a lot of drink throwing as well, Dan was in a bit of a Joan Collins mood and threw a drink all over Aidan to defend me (thats what friends are for!)

So big thanks to the people who made it such a good time in Sheffield, I am now back in London and feeling the effects of my excess rather badly! I have sooo much work to do this week as next week i shall be in Ibiza!! I have just checked the weather forecast over there and it is scorching!!! Hoorah! I so need this holiday, the weather we have experienced lately is just a total joke!

Almost forgot to say the funniest aspect of Saturday was after the concert - Pete remembered that former Steps singer and desperate, fame hungry bint Lisa Scott Lee was "performing" at Charles Street Bar in Brighton so we all made a few crank calls asking who was performing and then saying something quite horrible about her, totally childish and pathetic but after the amount we had drank it was the best!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home