whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Friday, August 03, 2007

No Regrets!

Last night i decided i was tired of looking at my bare lifeless room for another night so i took myself off to the cinema to see "La Vie En Rose", the film is the life story of the amazing french singer, diva and icon Edith Piaf. I have been aware of Piaf's work for a number of years - my dear and delightfully eccentric friend Jil bought me "The Best Of Edith Piaf" cd when i was going through a particularly dramatic time in my life. Her heartfelt vocals and dramatic delivery provided me with a great deal of comfort and hope so i could not resist seeing the film, plus it had been recommended by several of my man loving male friends.

Her life was one of great tragedy that melted out through her voice. The film covers this in great detail, flitting between her childhood, her time in the spotlight through to her tragic and isolated death. Piaf is portayed by Marion Cotillard in one of the most astounding pieces of acting i have seen in a long time. The film has been at the cinemas for a while now so please catch it if you can.



I am getting rather moist after reading the reviews of the 1st of the Prince concerts at the o2 arena. I am lucky enough to be going to see him twice, once later this month and again on his last night! Apparently he is changing the set every night but it promises to be a hit filled night as he said on his 1st night - "I've had more hits than Madonna's got kids" - not exactly a huge brag princey boy - she only has 3.





I apologise for the slight delay in blogging but since i have spent my week packing boxes and throwing out half of my life i do not have a huge amount to report. It did feel strange getting the train to work today from Denmark Hill for the last time, stood on the balcony this morning making the most of the wonderful view of the London skyline. Tomorrow is moving day and although it is a rather arduous task (especially on one of the hottest days of the year) but hopefully my organisational skills this week mean that it should not take long. Sunday is dedicated to unpacking, i know that once that last box is dumped on the floor me and pete will be going for a nice cool pint of lager in my local.

So here it is my last post as a South London boy, Next week it will all be about the north - it feels like i am coming home in a way, when i first moved to London i lived in highbury and i am moving not too far away from there now so its a welcome home to pippy but whilst i am still down south i may as well find a man to go down south on -

THE IMAGINARY MEN OF PIPPY'S BOUDOIR!!

A few weeks ago i went to see Justin Timberlake, his support act was that lucky bitch who has a tendency to piss herself, yes you guessed it - Fergie! Why is she a lucky bitch if she pisses herself i hear you cry? well because when she gets home and (hopefully) throws out her underwear and has a shower she can curl up next to her gorgeous fiance, the "actor" (he aint that good) Josh Duhamel. Welcome to the boudoir Joshy!! Must make a difference to not have to boink on plastic sheets!






Have a beautiful sun soaked weekend people

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home