whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Umbrella is knocked off the number 1 spot and the sun comes out. coincidence? i dont think so!

A lovely weekend has been had - Friday night i went to Crouch End to celebrate my friend Clare's birthday with a gorgeous meal at Les Associate, a sweet little french restaurant. Following a slap up meal that included snails and rabbit! i dragged my bloated ass home.

Saturday i woke up to do some serious packing and clearing which included (sniff sniff) all my back copies of Attitude which are now being recycled into mulch! boo and indeed hoo! Saturday afternoon it was more celebrations with Clare and the clan at Kew Bridge, sat by the worryingly rather full river. By evening everyone was heading their seperate ways but me and Zoe were hungry for more so we went to meet her boyf Paul at The Phoenix behind Oxford Circus, it was a rather random night called "Heavy Load" kinda 70's rock with hilarious perms but hey they served tequila so that numbed the pain.

Yesterday i went to see my new house to do practical things like measuring up and discussing bills and rent. The place is lovely and i had a little wander round my new hood, it is all tree lined and amazingly quiet with a great pub just a few mins away. The removal van is booked so roll on saturday!!!

I have a feeling that i am not going to be out and about much this month. what with me moving, pete moving and the impending visit of my parents i shall be kept busy making my new place look nice and getting used to being on the right side of the river again.

I managed to catch the repeat of the 1st 2 episodes of "Heroes" last night and was mightily impressed. I am lost with "Lost"and i think this will be a better replacement and easier to follow. No particular hotties as yet but heres hoping. I had a bit of an "Acorn Antiques" fest this weekend too, i forgot how hilarious that programme was - the quotes are truly endless

"what did you say your new girlfriends name was Derek? Marie-Francine-Therese-Douboir??"




All the episodes are now available on dvd and i highly recommend it, I am rediscovering my love for Victoria Wood at the moment and it is very rewarding indeed, although i seem to be watching her more than packing - boo!!

Finally congrats to David on landing his new job, well done boss!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home