whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Phew! - well there goes another weekend! it was not the usual crazy fest although there were times when a new liver would have been an appealing option. Saturday was such a beautiful day so i popped along to a colleague's barbecue in his beautiful home in East London. There was such an amazing space outside and lots of lovely people and even more lovely punch, i was told it had many many ingredients including vodka and tequila - it tasted of fruit juice and was quite lethal. After downing quite a considerable amount and chowing my way through a burger, I made my way to the Big Chill Bar at Kings Cross to meet up with Pete, Kaz and the gang, We then went onto the Golden Lion gay bar which i sometimes go in after work, i can never do this again though - why did it have to be karaoke night? why did i think i was Amy Winehouse? I sang Rehab (badly), Pete then sang Hung Up by Madonna with me and kaz as his backing dancers - so bad, wrong and bad!

I woke up yesterday feeling adjacent to death! After a hearty breakfast and a read of the papers i made my way to the cinema to see Harry Potter, it was pretty good but since i am currently reading the new book it all seemed a bit much. I am overdosing on Mr Potter. Although Daniel Radcliffe did look mighty fine which is also wrong on many levels.

At the moment i am doing something that i seriously never thought i could do, I am living without television! I am watching dvd's and vids but i dont yet have access to any channels in my new place and i have to admit that i am not missing it a great deal, the one thing i do miss is the news. I can listen to the radio but the news on there is always too brief. I think i am getting it sorted this saturday but i am impressed that i have lasted and am not shaking in a corner somewhere.

Facebook is evil, and is taking over my life, I dont know what to do, someone help me, tell me how to ween myself off this site of heavenly features. I have heard all the dastardly stories of people being sacked for spending too much time in their working day scrolling for friends but it has no effect whatsoever. If i am not messaghing someone i am poking them. It has to stop but i dont know how!! I may lose my job anyday now as a result of this compulsion!

On a happier note my parents are coming to see me this weekend and taking me to IKEA so that i can finish doing my new place up, it will be lovely to see them both as its been a while. I am sure they will be impressed with the new pad, its on a tree lined street so that will get my mum's vote straight away, just have to make sure there are no filthy gay things lying round. My parents know that i garden in the uphill sense but there is no need for them to see "rugby wankers 4" on their first visit!

Finally Happy 30th Birthday to my beautiful Emma

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home