whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Lovin Courtney Love!

Hey people,

Sorry for another delay in blogging but until i buy my own computer (in a month!!) i have to rely on the kindness of work and strangers to fill in my blog. I have NEVER owned my own computer and am only really looking into buying one as i desperately need an ipod! My cd collection is immense and is taking over my room, dont even get me started on those addictive dvd box sets!!

This week there was a fantastic documentary on More 4 about Courtney Love, I realise that many many people think she is a drugged up old whore (similar things have been said about me, mother's can be so cruel!) Anyways she has just got out of rehab and is recording a new album which is being produced by the amazing Linda Perry! I remember going to see Courtney when she was in Hole, She played at Sheffield Octagon just a few months after Kurt Cobain had killed himself, she was full of rage in a black rubber dress with no knickers on and so drunk she thought she was in Manchester - true rock star!!

The second time i saw her live was at the Reading Festival one year. She played an amazing set but yet again was off her face, The headline act straight after her were the Smashing Pumpkins whose lead singer Billy Corgan used to do the dirty dirty with Ms Love. During their set she came down to the pit, snogged some guy in the crowd who was next to me and then jumped into the crowd - i think she kicked my in the head!! it was awesome!!

The documentary this week showed a new Courtney, She has been in rehab and is really focused and from what i could make out she was a genuinely lovely person. I dont know why i have chosen to heap such praise on Ms Love, i guess its friday and am feeling ready for the weekend and have been inspired by someone who gets so trashed and still manages to shine on through, i just hope i am still feeling like this on monday morning but who knows what the weekend will hold....

drive safe

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home