whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well I have finally succumbed to the fact that I am getting older and things are changing. Over the last few months I have occassionally found my self straining to read things - departure boards at train stations being the main thing. It may well all stem from when I was very young, I had a slight twitch in my eye that made me go cross eyed and so had treatment to correct it but sometimes since then if my eyes are focused on something i kinda turn away, but my eyes move slightly slower and i twitch back.

Anyways it turns out that my local opticians are doing half price eye tests so after I get back from my holiday I am going to get my eyes tested for the 1st time in a long time. I think I may well suit glasses which might be a good job as I have that squeamish thing when it comes to touching my eyes, not sure I could cope with contact lenses. Anyways all will be revealed on the 2nd July.

So Ulrika Jonsson has named her new little baby boy Malcolm and there are pictures all over Hello magazine. The best caption on one news website says "And baby makes six: Ulrika Jonsson and her current husband Brian Monet with (from left) Bo, newborn Malcolm, Martha and Cameron" - ha ha current husband, best husband so far, future divorcee - they know her too well.

From 5pm yesterday gay couples in California could get married. The sweetest story is that of lesbian couple Phyllis Lyon (79) and Del Martin (83) who have been together for 50 years and finally had their relationship legally recognised yesterday, Ah ye olde lesbian love!



After my holiday I think I am going to treat myself to some new music, I am gagging to get the Ting Tings album, Alphabeat, MGMT, Hercules and the Love Affair and The Last Shadow Puppets, Plus the new Cyndi Lauper album is supposed to be amazing. I also have to buy my guilty pleasure - the 5th series of Law and Order:Special Victims Unit starring the rather lovely Christopher Meloni and the fab Mariska Hargitay (it's worth getting just to see how many times she says an exaggerated "Son of a Bitch" each episode)




Last night I had a night in with some dvd's - I watched "Prime" again, It's such a sweet little film and the leading man - Bryan Greenberg really is just adorable.



I also finally got round to watching "Flightplan" starring Jodie Foster, Now I usually love Ms Foster - she was amazing in taxi driver, the accused, silence of the lambs but lately her films have been a bit pants. I kinda enjoyed Flightplan but I did have to suspend disbelief really and it was all a bit dull really.

I then watched "Hitch" starring Will Smith, Kevin James and Eva Mendes, I did enjoy it, Will Smith looked great and Jevin James was very funny but the character played by Eva Mendes was a hateful, nasty bitch who just needed pushing down the stairs. I really wanted her to be single and crying at the end but alas no.

Back tomorrow for my last blog before hitting NYC!!!!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home