whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Looking back

Well the year is drawing to a close and it's time to reflect back on what has been a very interesting year. A couple of weeks ago my phone was mislaid/stolen and that provided me with the opportunity to do a little life laundry. I had lost a lot of my numbers once before so had taken the time to type out a list of numbers. As i was inputting these back into my phone i did a bit of thinking and ended up putting a lot less numbers back in there. It may sound harsh but if you aint used a number in time is it worth having it in your phone any longer?

My friends have been so so great this year. Keeping me laughing and supported and loved. They know who they are - they have been mentioned in this blog many times. I love them all dearly!!

Love life wise it has not been such a great year. The world of internet dating just frustrates me. I also grew quite disillusioned with the gay scene. I thought all was lost until i was approached in a bar in soho last night whilst waiting to meet my friend Dan. This austraian guy wanted a beginners guide to gay london and we chatted/flirted for ages - nothing happened but it restored my faith that men are out there and interested.

2 major personal milestones have happened this year - i turned 30 and around the same time i stopped smoking!! I have not made a big deal of talking about it on this site as i didnt want to curse t but i have now managed 1 month!!!! I am amazed!! I have been smoking for half of my life and to finally stop is one of the biggest and best things i have ever done.

Work this year has been great and i move into 2007 with an exciting new project that i know will be challenging but hopefully rewarding. I shall continue my work with switchboard which is really enjoyable and should fully qualify by march/april.

As for the far more trivial world of entertainment, well its been a great year!!

My favourite album of the year has to be Justin Timberlakes - FutureSex/LoveSounds

I have not been to the cinema as much as i would have liked this year but the highlights for me have been The Devil Wears Prada, Little Miss Sunshine and The Queen.

TV shows that i have refused to miss this year include - Law and Order-Special Victims Unit mainly for the wonderful Christopher Meloni, The Catherine Tate Show was back on form and the 2nd series of The Smoking Room was genius as was the 2nd series of Extras.

Easily the best show i saw this year was of course Madonna's Confessions Tour!! Just amazing but i think i have ranted enough about our gracious leader!!

Tomorrow is New Years Eve and i have a very bizarre one planned but the people that i will be with will make it the best!! I doubt i will be blogging tomorow so i shall wish you all a happy new year and i should be back with a mashed up blog on the 2nd January

You go girls!! (and girly boys!)

xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home