whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I feel sick!!

I used to be a "vegetarian" - it was during my angst ridden teenage years where i basically wanted to be the character of Darlene in the sitcom "Roseanne". I used to wear black/grey clothes all the time, listen to Morrissey and then announced to my parents that i wanted to stop eating meat. My parents were quite ok about it as they wanted me to eat more veg anyway and my mother liked experimenting with new recipes. I lasted a few years until i discovered the joys of alcohol and eating healthy after 6 pints is never easy so burgers came back into my life and bacon sandwiches were not far behind. This didn't mean that i didn't love animals, i still do feel passionately about animal rights and after going to Harrods on saturday and seeing the protestors outside who were trying to get people to stop going to Harrods due to the fact that they still sell animal fur, i realised just how swick the thought of people wearing fur made me feel.

It was with great shock that i saw the news this week that french fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier has heavily featured animal fur in his latest collection in a way that has not been seen for a long time mainly due to the fact that it is just not fashionable anymore, it is cruel and pathetic. I absolutely adore seeing foxes in my local neighbourhood at night, i think they are rather beautiful creatures and look beautiful - and its true they look beautiful...in nature, not on a models head! eeewwww




I want a date! I have written many many times on this blog about my (desperate) search for a man, I have kinda been seeing someone very casually over the last few months but he lives in Scotland and is only in London about once a month for a couple of days and although it's nice to go out for dinner and spend time together, I am feeling the need for a more permanent guy in my life. The only problem in this sprawling metropolis is finding someone. I love dating, i love getting to know a person and finding out what makes a guy tick. I read an article in "Attitude" magazine recently where they set a gay journalist the challenge of meeting a guy in 10 days. The article was hilarious and included the guy hiring a gay guy to fix his shower which ended up in them having sex, he knew the guy was older and presumed he was in his mid 40's, it turns out the guy was 67!!! so that was not the best start to the experiment - shagging a pensioner and it really didn't get much better after that.

So how do we find that elusive man, speed dating? blind dating? the internet? accidentally sitting on someone on the tube? clacking our heels up and down Old Compton Street til someone actually dares to strike up conversation? I have stopped thinking that "he" is out there and I do not believe in soulmates anymore - the very idea that there is one person out there for everyone is a tad deluded - there are 7 million people in London, what if the guy for me is a pig farmer in Poland - our paths are not likely to cross anytime soon! I am getting bored of trolling round the gay bars of London so i guess i shall just have to carry on harassing my friends to introduce me to their eligible single gay friends.....I'm waiting!!

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home