whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Is it just me or is the new "fashion" accessory for chav lads a pitbull on a thick chain? It seems every time i head out of Central London i am intimidated by the trackie wearing unwashed ones and their rather evil looking dogs, a dangerous dog is obviously just a penis extension for these guys much like sports cars. I felt pretty scared before walking past huge gangs of young lads in the street but now they have huge growling things at their feet with big sharp teeth - i am going to become a popstar and get a driver to take me everywhere - it's the only solution.

I am always slightly concerned when comedian's put their pen's to paper and become author's. I worry that they are just going to re-hash their old jokes and plop a story around it. Last year i read Julian Clary's book "A Young Man's Passage" - i absolutely loved it and became very excited when he announced he had started work on a novel! Well last night i finished it and it was a great read, if you are wanting a thought provoking piece of political satire that bites away at societal differences you are going to be very disappointed but if you want a glitzy journey through the perils of fame, gay sex and murder you are in for a treat.it has brought colour to those dull and rather cold January nights - I recommend it highly.

Well yesterday i managed to get hold of the Adele and kd lang albums, I listened to the lang album on the way home but i feel it may take a few listens to really get into. I know that in the transition of moving from country music to a more personal style she had to learn to sing quietly and become more accustomed to her voice but she seems to be almost whispering on this record, i need to give it my full atttention and i dont think the bus home was the best setting.



Once home i popped the Adele album on the stereo and have to say i was immediately impressed, she even does a cover of my favourite ever Bob Dylan song and pulls it off!! The song is called "Make you feel my love" and has THE most beautiful lyrics!

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling down the avenue
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on the rollin' sea
And on the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
You ain't seen nothing like me yet

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you
To make you feel my love

How lush is that?

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home