whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Monday, January 28, 2008

As the late Freddie Mercury once sang "I am a shadow of the man i used to be" - not because i am ill, this bad feeling is all self inflicted. I get paid and then i go crazy, 2 nights out this weekend and both ended with me practically falling over due to intoxication.

Friday night i was working til gone 8pm but soon found myself in Soho meeting work mates who had already been drinking for 2 hours and were all very loud and very drunk but i soon caught up byt drinking rather speedily, after a while the need for dancing took over and i made my way to Kings Cross for the last "Popstarz" night at the Scala. I had a whale of a time dancing to some classics in the rubbish room, i had a few beers and then Dan bought tequila, we were stood at the bar and we downed the shot. It totally disagreed with me and to put it bluntly i was sick in my mouth and a little on the floor. Then out of nowhere a uniformed gent named Brian came over and introduced himself as the popstarz paramedic, would i care to step outside with him? so off i popped fdor a breath of fresh air, i felt fine it was that silly tequila!! anyway he let me back in after a few minutes and i carried on like nothing had happened, i just wish they hadn't played "Rehab" as i walked back in!!

On Saturday morning i woke up feeling surprisingly fine, dashed into town to get a new shirt for camilla and sophies do home, changed and headed to the John Snow pub in Soho for drinks with my mate Will who also had a birthday but it was also a leaving drink as he is starting a new life in Devon. This was followed by a couple of gay drinks with Dan and Oliver in Soho and then off to Kennington we went for Camilla and Sophie's birthday at the south pacific bar. Cocktails were the order of the night and we had plenty of them, jugfuls in fact! I stayed at Dan's as getting home from south of the river aint ever easy. Woke up feeling the effects of both nights out but at least had the memory of much fun. After a much needed breakfast in Brixton, i dragged my poor self home for a lazy day!

Am very excited today as 2 of my fave diva's are releasing their new albums - kd lang and Mary J Blige, it's kd's first new material in 8 years and is supposed to be sublime!! I read a review of Mary's this morning and it got a rave so yay!! I am also tempted to buy Adele's new album just as there seems to be such a buzz round her at the moment and to be compared to joni mitchell, janis joplin and ella fitzgerald with your debut is very promising.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home