whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hey,

I was at a conference yesterday for teachers - i must add that i am not a teacher and never have been but it was strangely satisfying to be mistaken for one! "So where do you teach?" asked one tweed jacket wearing gentleman. "Old Compton Street mainly" i replied - ok i didn't really - just trying to make myself sound more adventurous than i actually am. What a lovely bunch of teachers they were though, i mentioned the word gay at least 1000 times yesterday and none of them so much as vommited! The times they are a changing!

I registered for Glastonbury tickets this morning and i have to say it was relatively kerfuffle free! Just filled in the online registration form, popped a photo on there and off it sent! Of course come the 1st april i am sure it will be hellish on the phone lines and the website - all this just so a burly security guard can have a good laugh at my passport photo when i get to the festival.

Well the weekend is fast approaching and plans are afoot for as good one. My lovely lovely friend Dan is down in London for work and i am sure at some point we will be trolling round soho, doing high kicks and getting molested by G-A-Y flyer boys! It's also my friend James birthday on saturday so drinks will be happening then too. Also meeting up with the lovely Oliver and the lovely Pete. It's a proper lads weekend, Grrr!!

When i was a wee gay boy out in the ruralness of nowhere, i had to grab every opportunity i got to hear or see anything that related to being gay. Julian Clary was great for me in that respect - he managed to be mainstream whilst still being able to get away with almost anything, he is still enjoying success over 20 years on. I was reading his "New Statesman" column onlne a while ago and came across this, it made me laugh and i hope it will for you too.

"it's been a bit of a Claire Sweeney week. I went to the Golden Joystick Awards but it turned out to be about computer games. How Rupert Everett is that? I had too many Charles Kennedys and found myself in a Naomi Campbell situation with a right Dale Winton. He wants to go to Malawi and do a Madonna but doesn't want to be accused of the Jonathan Kings. Went to a Jamie Oliver-style restaurant and ate like Michelle McManus. Suspect that my career has a touch of the Michael Barrymores. Feel like doing a John Stonehouse. To stop myself sliding into the full Gazza, I popped a couple of Judy Garlands and soon felt pretty Fern Britton. Was offered some Kate Moss and a sniff of Peter Sellers but didn't want to end up all Pope John Paul II. Woke up naked in a very Trinny and Susannah flat. Suspect I've been Paris Hiltoned by a right John Leslie. Borrowed some Phillip Schofield clothes and got a taxi driven by a Ronnie Corbett. The price was very Trisha Goddard. Was locked out of my flat and nearly did a Geri Halliwell in the street, but the Stephen Dorff upstairs invited me in and we did a Preston and Chantelle on the hearthrug. Once I caught a glimpse of his Linford Christie, I came over all Linda Lovelace and pretty soon it was Gillian Taylforth time. By the time I got home I was thoroughly Tony Blaired."

Hopefully my weekend will not stray too far away from that description. I would ideally like to wake up on monday morning feeling like Jade Goody's career.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home