whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Friday, August 25, 2006

I never thought i would say this!!

Many, many years ago a young gay man travelled down to London for his 1st gay pride experience. Having had a fantastic day of shouting at expressionless police officers and cardigan wearing christians, he needed to drink and dance the night away, it was that night that he happened upon a club called G-A-Y. Heading up onto the balcony to see hundreds of gay men dancing to "Like a Prayer" was truly a religious experience and one he will savour for a long time.

that young gay man was me! bet ya didnt see that one comin - funnily enough a man said that to me in the toilets that same night!

Now that i am approaching 30 and living in London, my view of the club has changed greatly and now whenever it is mentioned i pull a cringe face and immediately slag it off for being like a dirty youth club.

I am really fooling myself, Although it may not be to everyones tastes, although it may need a good wash, there is only one club in London where you can see acts like Mariah, Christina, Kylie and of course Madonna!! It may be a bit of a hole but its a bargian night out and many laughs and bad shags have been had there.

Due to the ongoing development of good old London there are plans to knock the Astoria club (where G-A-Y is held) down in time for the olympics in 2012, not only will London be losing a massive gay might but also a great live music venue!!

Sign the petition to save the astoria by following this link,

http://www.petitiononline.com/savethea/

otherwise Londons streets will be riddled with teeny queens with peroxide hair and "barbie is a slut" crop tops! and lets face it no one wants to see that.

p.s i see that my dear friend Oliver has commented on my blog, i would love more comments as long as they are all positive and complimentary!!

pps - check this guy out he is really really offensive and i love him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CBAwsruUHs


hope all my lovelies have a gorge bank holiday, i will be drinking myself silly in preperation for my holiday next week, so hold back my hair honeys cos i is honna be wretching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home