whats it all about? i dont give a crap!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

it aint grim up north and it aint that bad down south!

Well goodness me, my first ever blog entry, i am leaping into the 2000's and no one can stop me! I have a few mates who have recently set these up and it has been sadly fascinating for me to have a glimpse into their minds.

I have just got back from a long weekend back at home in sheffield. After living in London for just 4 years, the opportunity to escape is always a good option, add to that the fact that i get to see loads of very good friends and my lovely family and its a winner.

The main reason for visiting this weekend was to pop along to my friend ian's 30th birthday! That was on the saturday so i travelled on the friday in order to see the gays in sheffield city centre, had such a lovely evening with dan, danny, ben and elliott. Great food and plenty of alcohol and cackling accompanied the car crash tv that was the final (thank god) of big brother 7. we all booed everytime dis-grace came on the tv and cheered when pete won.

After all that excitement most would have gone for a lie down in a darkened room but we had to go out, so off we trolled to dempseys (a gay bar that has to be seen to be believed), its all a bit retro in design but the beer is cheap and the music is nothing if not varied.

Saturday morning was a haze of hangovers and regrets but i had no time to feel sorry for myself, i was being picked up at the station so packed my superman pants and went on my way. Popped in briefly to see my ma and pa who were lovely as always but again it was a flying visit as i needed to get to the party via the off licence with token chavs drinking cider outside - not even magners!!

The party was not the important aspect of the day, it was seeing so many people that i have not seen for too long, including my lovely emma who is preggers at the mo and is expecting a baby boy just one week before i turn 30! she looked beautiful and very smiley.

A grand night of laughter and drinking was had by all, random party games followed and i discovered that bacardi breezers are surprisingly tasty! that charlotte church aint that stupid after all!!

Anyways am back now in London. Even though i loved going back home for a few days and seeing the true countryside, a smile did flit across my face as i saw the "welcome to london" sign from the train.

Sheffield is a great place and the small town where i grew up is surrounded by beautiful land but London is my home now. the people i have met since moving here and the people that have moved here since are some of the best people i have ever met. They have made what could have been a very difficult time, truly wonderful.

I guess no matter where i am, i know that as long as these people are in my life in sheffield, london or wherever - i will be happy.

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home